Another extremely tasty and super easy recipe coming your way. This recipe is made easy by the inclusion of picking up a roasted chicken from the grocery (Costco and Wegmans usually have roasted chickens daily, and you can use the extra for other meals). All you have to do is shred up the the chicken and boom that is pretty much the hardest part of this recipe.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Zucchinis
- 1.5 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Roasted Chicken
- 200 grams Couscous
- 30 grams Pistachios
- Juice oranges and zest the rind, mix with white vinegar & olive oil to make the dressing
- Slice the zucchini and fry in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once done transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and pat them dry
- Shred the white meat from the roasted chicken, skin removed
- Cook couscous per instructions.
- Transfer couscous, chicken, and zucchini to a large skillet (or wok) and mix. Pour in the dressing and mix. (Note, sometimes its best to make a little extra dressing in case you want more of a flavor boost)
- Top with pistachios and plate (Note, you can also add a dollop of greek yogurt if you’d like).
Calories: 520, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated fat: 3.4g, Cholesterol: 82mg, Sodium: 122mg, Total Carbohydrates: 51g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 40g